Friday, October 4, 2024

Logitech Mouse and Keyboard do not Work

I found a Logitech mouse and keyboard combo on clearance. The model is MK470 and it looks returned. For the steep discounted price, I decided to give a try. Expectedly, it didn't work, so that starts my troubleshooting. Battery is fine, no on/off button on keyboard, both mouse and keyboard are not working, no sign of damage, dongle is properly inserted into the USB port.

Short while later, I found that Logitech has a neat Connection Utility software. I downloaded it and ran it twice, once to reconnect the mouse and once for the keyboard.

My guess is the frequency and channel somehow was not lining up between the mouse and keyboard and the dongle. The previous buyer probably returned it because they were not working. But the connection is finally restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment