Thursday, August 15, 2024

Cheap Way to Receive Email on Custom Domain

 I was looking for a budget friendly way to receive email on my custom domain. So, let say, I own example.com and I want to receive email on receive@example.com. 

As I did my research, I found various way on doing it:

  1. Just forward it. My domain name vendor apparently comes with free email forwarder, so I forward it to my non-custom domain email such as gmail.
  2. Just forward it (DIY). This is also a very cheap alternative and low cost. One way is to forward it through AWS SES. One such project is: https://github.com/arithmetric/aws-lambda-ses-forwarder
  3. Receive it through hosting. I thought about this especially when I already paid for hosting service, usually it comes with mail server for free.
Of course, we can always subscribe to some email service, but it will cost more but it has more features too.

No comments:

Post a Comment