Thursday, August 22, 2024

Cython Compile Error on Python 3.12 on Windows 10

 I have Python 3.12 installed on my Windows 10 machine. I tried to install a package using Pip. Apparently, the package contains Cython and needs to be compiled. However, the compilation failed with the following message:

Cannot open include file: 'io.h': No such file or directory

Ok, not a problem, I just go to Visual Studio Installer and install Desktop development with C++ package.


That fixed the first issue. But installing the package still failed. This time the error message is:

'C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2022\\Community\\VC\\Tools\\MSVC\\14.41.34120\\bin\\HostX86\\x64\\cl.exe' failed with exit code 2

To fix the above, I had to downgrade python to 3.10 and the package is installed properly.





No comments:

Post a Comment